Easy Gluten-Free and Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies
A few years back we were super addicted to the viral 3 ingredient peanut butter cookies. I think it was peanut butter, sugar, and eggs, I can’t really remember. Since we’re vegan now, that recipe won’t work and we found another one to try. It’s not vegan or gluten-free, so we made a few changes to make it work. It worked maybe a little too well! My favorite way to eat these is chilled in the fridge for a few hours.
Easy Vegan and Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup peanut butter (creamy, but crunchy could be good)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 flax egg (1 TBSP flax meal and 3 TBSP water, let sit 5 minutes)
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Combine ingredients in a medium to large bowl and stir to mix well. Stir in chocolate chips or other mix-ins, optional.
- Chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Scoop cookies with 2 TBSP cookie scoop or with tablespoons. Use a fork to press pattern on each cookie.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until edges begin to brown. Ours were closer to 15 minutes. Let cookies sit on rack to cool.
- Bonus tip: they are really good chilled in the fridge!
My youngest kiddo and I made a video to show just how easy these are to bake! We are still learning how to make videos and how to edit, so bear with us 🙂