Oatmeal Raisin Energy Balls
These are inspired by the first Oh She Glows cookbook. I make the original recipe (Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites) all the time, but one day I thought I’d try making a cinnamon raisin version. I also double (and sometimes triple) her recipe, especially if I’m taking them on vacation with us.
Oatmeal Raisin Balls
- Food processor
- 3 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 4 tbsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup nut butter or sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup almond meal or almond flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Blend the oats until it forms a flour-like consistency.
- Combine the oats, coconut oil, nut butter, maple syrup, vanilla, almond meal, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Stir until well-mixed.
- Add raisins and fold them in to the mixture.
- Use a 2 tbsp scoop or eyeball the amount you want to form into a rough ball-like shape. Alternatively, you can press the mixture into a pan and cut into bars.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
These make a great on-the-go breakfast or snack!